Different locations within this Use Case:
There will be three different location each with different target systems;
- In Guwahati the targeted system will be ground water modelling,
- In Bangalore the targeted system will be water quality data collection and identification of best treatment technology,
- In Varanasi the targeted system will be river water monitoring
- In Guwahati, the ground water quality data is collected manually, and tested for a few parameters such as temperature, level and TDS. The ground water in Guwahati City is polluted by iron, arsenic and fluoride.
- In Varanasi, traditional water quality measuring of the Varanasi river involves the manual collection of water at various locations, which is inefficient.
- In Bengaluru, ground water is highly polluted.
Key aims for Ground / River Water Monitoring System:
- To assess the nature and extent of surface and ground water pollution,
- The key objectives of this use case are to:
- Understand the environmental fate of different pollutants,
- Evaluate the effectiveness of pollution control measures in place,
- Evaluate the water quality trend,
- Assess the fitness of water for different uses,
- Understand the major factors controlling ground water chemical quality.
How LOTUS will improve Ground / River Water Monitoring System:
- The LOTUS sensor will be integrated into the measurement stations and analysis software for the state of the water bodies will be tailored to the situations and implemented on the software platform
- For all cases, there will be the placement of LOTUS sensors; they will be integrated into a common probe with the wireless communication capability and IoT functionality,
- It will be evaluated in trials over several months.
Outcomes of Use Case 4:
- The quality of life will be improved because poor water quality will no longer spread diseases nor hamper socio-economic progress.