On the 7th of June 2023, LOTUS co-organised with its 6 sister projects a webinar on “Capacity building actions to promote sustainable wastewater treatment and drinking water management in India” as part of the European Green Week 2023.
The webinar started with a keynot presentation from Anshuman, director of the Energy and Resources Institute in India. The theme of his presentation was “Enhancing stakeholders’ capacities and skills to facilitate zero water pollution in India”.
The keynote was followed by presentations of all India-EU Water projects:
- “Technology transfer and capacity building to support water quality management and water resources management in India” by LOTUS
- “The Pavitra Ganga Technology and Learning Network” by Pavitra Ganga
- “Natural & Advanced Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Reuse in India – Engagement Strategies” by PAVITR
- “Photo-irradiation and absorption based novel Innovations for Water-treatment” by PANIWATER
- “Sustainability of decentralised wastewater treatment and reuse systems” by Saraswati 2.0
- “Capacity building in wastewater treatment and management” by SPRING
- “High recovery desalination with a multidisciplinary approach to achieve zero liquid discharge” by India H2O
After these presentations, a panel discussion took place with all project representatives and moderated by Dr. Giulio Pattanaro from European Research Executive Agency (REA).
If you have missed it, you can also watch our replay, here.